http://www.hpc-uk.org/aboutregistration/healthanddisability/

"Our aims
We want to make sure that we have processes for dealing with health professionals whose health or disability may affect their fitness to practise. We want to make sure that these processes:
- are open and transparent;
- maintain the standards that we have set;
- protect the public from health professionals whose fitness to practise may be impaired; and
- are fair to the health professionals on our Register and to people who want to become registered."

Also: http://www.drc-gb.org/docs/Fitness_Regulatory_Review_Report.doc

"The distinction is important because, essentially, there is no duty to make reasonable adjustments in respect of the application of a competence standard and there is a special statutory test, which applies in circumstances where disability related discrimination in the application of a competence standard may be justified. This test is that the application of a competence standard can only justify less favourable treatment if the qualifications body or education provider can show that the standard is (or would be) applied equally to people who do not have the individual's particular disability and that its application is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim. "

On 07/06/07, Ian Webb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sorry but is this correct? I am sure that the DRC would take a different view.

Ian

Ian Webb
Disability Adviser/Assessor
MNADP