Hello

I used my minicom today - first call in about a year. I used it to get
someones email address. I then sent them a quick message by email because
minicoms take forever.

Apparently older deaf people still use minicoms, but everyone I know uses
email or text. My home one broke about 2 years ago and I haven't bothered
to replace it - it is easier to text.

I think having an office mobile and text messaging plus email works better.

Ember

--On 06 June 2007 15:34 +0100 SA Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies for the cross posting.
>

> We are in the process of updating some of our equipment.
>
> One of the things we are looking at is buying a new textphone.
>
> However, we wonder how much they are used as they were created before the
> present day and we now have text, email, type talk etc.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how many people are still using text phones?
>
> So other institutions still use them and so they plan on continuing to do
> so?  If not what adjustments will be replacing them.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Stuart
>

> Stuart Walker
> I.T.Officer for Disabled People
> Disability Office
> Ground Floor University Halls
> University of Bradford
> BD7 1DP
> Tel: 01274 23 6007
> Fax: 01274 23 5340
> http://www.brad.ac.uk/disability
> MSN messenger [log in to unmask]
> Webcam available trough MSN messenger

Dr Ember Kelly
Communication & Support Services Coordinator
Access Unit for Deaf and Disabled Students
University of Bristol, 4th Floor, Union Building
Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LN
Tel: 0117 9545731 (minicom)
Mobile: 07717 360868 (SMS text only)  Fax: 0117 923 8546
E-mail: [log in to unmask]