Folks:

I have been hoping to find time to send out a less generic welcome
message to this list but things have been a bit over the top for me
lately, so it hasn't happened (until now). I wanted to bring your
attention to the message below, and let you know that I'll provide a
report on this meeting (including whatever discussion transpires at
CC:DA around our project) when I get back.

I also wanted to give you a head's up that I did a podcast for Talis
last week which included some discussion of the RDA/DCMI effort.
See: http://talk.talis.com/archives/2007/06/diane_hillmann.html

I think it would be a good idea for us to share information about
these opportunities when the appear (and of course take advantage of
them shamelessly!)

Most of you have responded to my invitation to set up accounts on our
wiki that would allow you to edit:
http://dublincore.org/dcmirdataskgroup/  If you haven't gotten around
to setting up an account, feel free to do so now (please stick with
your real FirstnameLastname) and ask me to add you to the group that
can edit.  And then, of course, go in there and add information!
What's there right now is pretty much the minimum.  I hope to find
the time to move some things from the page on DC-Libraries wiki that
we used for the run-up to the London meeting, and to reference those
things that will not move.

We have acquired an enthusiastic volunteer in Corey Harper to work
with some of the library folks who are interested in experimenting
with our draft vocabularies (element and value) as soon as they're
available.  Corey will make sure we know what's being done out there
and will also ensure that we get some good feedback from those
efforts.  He's on the list and will add information to the wiki on
these efforts and related work we might want to know about.

More later,
Diane

>>The Resource Description and Access (RDA) Update Forum will be held
>>at the Washington Convention Center (WCC) room 206 on Saturday,
>>June 23, from 4:00-5:30pm. Sponsored by the ALCTS Cataloging and
>>Classification Section, the Forum will provide a brief update on
>>the status of RDA and a chance for you to ask your questions about
>>RDA.
>>
>>Speakers:
>>
>>* Beacher Wiggins, Library of Congress representative to the
>>Committee of Principals (the governance group for AACR2 and RDA)
>>
>>* Marjorie Bloss, RDA Project Manager
>>
>>* John Attig, ALA Representative to the Joint Steering Committee
>>for Revision of Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules
>>
>>* Diane Hillmann, CC:DA Liaison for Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
>>
>>Following their presentations, the speakers will field questions
>>from the audience.
>>
>>Information regarding RDA is available in an FAQ at <
>>http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/rdafaq.html> and news about the
>>latest  developments with RDA, such as the outcomes of the data
>>modeling meeting, are available at <
>>http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/news.html>
>>
>>We look forward to seeing you at the RDA Update Forum.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Matthew Beacom
>>Norm Medeiros
>>Helen Schmierer