Simon.

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Broom, Doreen
Sent: 01 June 2007 14:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] CCTV Images

All

I have been looking at our Code of Practice on CCTV.  I believe we hold our
tapes for approximately 31 days.  How does this accord with the Data
Protection Act when a subject access request is made i.e. 40 days.  We’re
not the only Council who does this, some only hold the tapes for 28 days.

I can’t remember if this came from the guidelines from the IC’s Office but
it seems totally against the data subject’s rights according to the Act.

TGIF.

Doreen

Doreen Broom

Access to Information Officer

Scottish Borders Council

Corporate Resources - Corporate Administration

Tel: 01835 826516

e-mail: HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]

* This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. *

* Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited. *

* The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily *

* be the views held by Scottish Borders Council. *

* Please be aware that any email sent or received by the Council *

* may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions *

* of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. *

   _____

All archives of messages are stored permanently and are available to the
world wide web community at large at HYPERLINK
"http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/data-protection.html"http://www.jiscmail.ac
.uk/lists/data-protection.html

Selected commands (the command has been filled in below in the body of the
email if you are receiving emails in HTML format):

*	Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=LEAVE%20data-protection"listserv@JISCMa
il.ac.uk
*	Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to
HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET%20*%20NOMAIL"[log in to unmask]
*	To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET
data-protection NOHTML to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET%20data-protection%20NOHTML"listserv
@JISCMail.ac.uk
*	To receive emails from this list in HTML format: send SET
data-protection HTML to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET%20data-protection%20HTML"listserv@J
ISCMail.ac.uk

All user commands can be found at HYPERLINK
"http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm"http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/hel
p/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to
HYPERLINK "mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]

Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"data-protection-request@JISCM
ail.ac.uk

(Please send all commands to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask] not the list or the
moderators, and all requests for technical help to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask], the general office
helpline)

   _____

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
16:51