From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Turner
Sent: 01 June 2007 14:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] CCTV Images

It's not against the Data Subject's rights - the subject doesn't have a right to make us keep stuff, only to provide what we have when they ask. If our normal policy or practice is to destroy after 28 or 31 days, there's no problem. The only problem is wilfully destroying information to thwart disclosure.

Tim Turner
Data Protection / FOI Officer
Legal and Property Services
Wigan Council