Forwarded message from James Symonds <[log in to unmask]>:

CHAT 2007
UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD, UK
Friday 23rd - Sunday 25th November 2007

Theme: Faith, Hope, and Charity: Finding Belief, Desire, and Benevolence in
Archaeologies of the Recent and Contemporary Past

The full programme for the 5th annual meeting of the Contemporary and
Historical Archaeology in Theory conference group (CHAT 2007) in Sheffield
has now been approved by the CHAT Standing Committee, and has been
finalised. Details will be posted on Sheffield's CHAT 2007 website next
week, and updates will appear there in the coming months:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/conferences/chat-2007/index.html

We received an unprecedented level of interest in the call for papers for
CHAT 2007, and the accepted papers represent a vibrant cross-section of
current research in historical and contemporary archaeology, addressing the
conference in a range of contrasting ways. The conference comprises five
sessions: 'Death and Commemoration', 'Urban Topographies', 'Artifacts of
Faith', 'Contested Landscapes and Regeneration' and 'Confinement and
Resistance'. As always at CHAT meetings, all sessions will be plenary.

The Keynote Paper will be given by Professor Henry Glassie (Indiana
University).

In the mean time, the full programme, abstracts and registration form are
also posted as pdf documents on the CHAT list file store:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/CONTEMP-HIST-ARCH/

The form should be completed by all those planning to attend (including
speakers) to register for the conference. It should be sent along with
payment of the £40 conference fee to:

Mrs Noami Nathan, Research Administrator
Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, Northgate House
West Street, Sheffield, S1 4ET, United Kingdom,
Telephone: (+) 44 (0) 114 222 2924
Fax: (+) 44 (0) 114 272 2563 email: [log in to unmask]

As places at the conference are strictly limited, we strongly advise early
registration.

Please direct all enquiries about CHAT 2007 to James Symonds:

We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield in November!

James Symonds
--
Dr James Symonds
Executive Director