Dear Marco,

Generally you can choose which shortcuts you want. The Spectrum toggle
shortcuts are a special case, since they are set automatically as you add
new spectra (they can be reset, of course). For this reason you have to
reserve a set of keys for spectrum shortcuts.

We could do as you suggest, but it would require a fair amount of extra
coding, and we would need to keep the choice in and maintained forever.
More flexibility is always good, but not always worth the extra work. We
would rather avoid this, because we think that 1) most people do not use
these shortcuts, 2) new users probably would not are either way.

The question is: would anybody object strongly if he had to change from
using numbers to using function keys for spectrum shortcuts?

Yours,

Rasmus

Dr. Rasmus H. Fogh                  Email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge,
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.     FAX (01223)766002