Hello,

glut is an unfortunate library that was added to the OpenGL stew to
provide some very basic text handling (because OpenGL unbelievably ignored
normal text) and a few other things.  (Analysis just uses it for the text
handling.)  Many of the problems we have had with OpenGL in the past have
been down to glut.

Wayne