Sounds like a reasonable idea.  I suspect we'd leave the current data
model referencing to represent the real ('in retrospect') values and add
an "other reference ppm" value (for the original spectrometer value or
whatever the user decides it to be).  (And the latter might well end up as
"application-specific data".)

Wayne