And one other thing worth noting, your output says:

  OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 6.4.2

and if that is really the case then there is no real advantage to using
OpenGL over Tk.

A couple of common OpenGL problems.  There are two flags in
environment.txt that can cause problems, GLUT_NEED_INIT and GL_FLAG.
Unfortunately OpenGL doesn't respond gracefully if you choose the wrong
options here, it just crashes.  Each of those has two options so in theory
there are four options total to try (via "make clean" and "make").

But that might not be the problem.  It could be that a different glut is
being picked up at runtime than was used at compile time.

Or it could be that your graphics card driver needs updating (but I'm not
sure that's a likely problem if you are indeed using Mesa).

Wayne