Hi,

The following web page should answer your question:

http://pymol.sourceforge.net/stereo3d.html

On a related note, I recently came across a new 22" LCD stereo system which
is below $1000 and requires polarized glasses ($10 each). It doesn't seem to
be set up for OpenGL yet, so isn't suitable for Linux. I am curious as to
whether anyone has it running on some DirectX molecular visualization
software in Windows:

http://www.iz3d.com/

Paul

>From: Zach Powers <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [ccp4bb] Flat Screen and Stereo
>Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:38:21 +0100
>
>Hello,
>
>I have been having a problem getting stereo to work on the lab's new
>flatsceeen ( i know, i know..... CRTs = much better but i think the
>purchaser was overcome with flatscreen lust).
>
>I am using a Dell 3007WFP (2560x 1600, refresh rate = 60hz) attached to
>nVidia Quadro FX 4500 graphics card with the eDimensional stereo glasses. I
>am using the current drivers from livna (100.14.09-2lvn7) on a Fedora7 box
>with the 2.6.21_1.3228 kernel.
>
>When I try to get Pymol or Coot to use stereo, no luck: Coot tells me that
>the hardware does not support quad buffered stereo. To the best of my
>knowledge I have the xorg.conf file correctly configured (see below) and I
>am wondering if anyone has run into these problems before or if somehow the
>livna driver can detect a refresh rate that is suboptimal and therefore
>refuse to start stereo. Perhaps there is also the issue of the kernel? I
>don't know, but I would appreciate any help.
>
>Below is my xorg.conf file and you can see I have 'Option "Stereo"' set to
>"3". I have fiddled around with many of the options in the xorg.conf file -
>basically trying every variation that i found other people had used.
>However, still no luck, which makes me think there may be some driver or
>kernel issue.
>
>Anyhow, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I would like to get
>this monitor work before falling back on a CRT - if the flicker is
>terrible,
>there will be no choice but it seems others have been using these monitors
>for stereo).
>

>thank you,
>zach charlop-powers
>PhD Candidate
>Graduate School of Biological Sciences
>Mount Sinai School of Medicine
>New York, NY
>
>### Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display
>
>Section "ServerLayout"
>	Identifier     "single head configuration"
>	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>	InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>EndSection
>
>Section "Files"
>	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
>	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
>EndSection
>
>Section "Module"
>	Load  "dbe"
>	Load  "extmod"
>	Load  "glx"
>	Load  "dbe"
>	Load  "extmod"
>EndSection
>
>Section "InputDevice"
>	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>	Driver      "kbd"
>	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
>	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
>EndSection
>
>Section "Monitor"
> [...]

Picture this – share your photos and you could win big!
http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us