Dear Alexei,

I would suggest an alternative way to try. We have an example similar to your case. A set of 3.3Angstrom resolution Se-SAD data phased by SOLVE/RESOLVE led to a map showing clearly the secondary structure but with poor evidence on side chains. A model of poly-alanine fragments was than built manually. While the sigmaA weighted Fourier map based on this model could not improve the map, a single run of OASIS-DM revealed some side chains. A portion of the map are attached, in which

a - SOLVE/RESOLVE map with the poly-alanine model superimposed,
- SOLVE/RESOLVE map with the final model superimposed,
- SigmaA map with the final model superimposed,
- OASIS-DM map with the final model superimposed.

If you need further details, please contact Dr. Yao, Deqiang at [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

Hai-fu

Professor Fan, Hai-fu
Institute of Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences