CCP4-ers,

I am building CCP4 in FC6 on some new workstations. When I compile from source, using either the automated install.sh or manually using configure-make-make install, Phaser does not get installed (configure doesn't detect it) even though the Phaser and CCBTX packages are present or unpacked in the correct directory. Other packages (Clipper, CCP4mg, etc. seem to get detected fine.)

I remember running into this same issue on my RH9 machines as well, but at some point (maybe after a binary install followed by manual install-I'm not exactly sure now) I got everything working. If I recall corerctly, the binary install in RH9 installed all components, but ARP-WATERS under Refmac did not work. Compiling from source resolved that issue.

Has anyone compiled CCP4 on FC6 and got it working?

Cheers,

Roger S. Rowlett
Professor
Department of Chemistry