From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Winter, G (Graeme)
Sent: 01 June 2007 11:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Second moments of Z but not twinning

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there is a document somewhere explaining some of the more interesting things which can be interpreted from the plot of second moment of Z = I'/<I'> anywhere? I've looked around and I can't find much beyond the things pertaining to twinning, where it will have the magical values of 2.0 or 1.5. What about if it is say 2.0 around the low resolution regions but gets much bigger?

Looking at the truncate source code there is a note to the effect that the second moments may be greater than two in when you have pseudotranslational symmetry. In this case, however, I would expect that the effect would be uniform across the resolution ranges… any thoughts?

Thanks,

Graeme