In one case, co-crystallization with heavy atom (Au) was one of the few approaches that worked.

Not sure if you've also tried short soaks with Hg, Pt, Au. Helped for one of my former colleagues
while long soaks messed things up.

You have not mentioned if Selenomethionine derivatization has been tried.

Someone recently pointed out a paper about double lanthanide binding tags (dLBT; 15-25 aa). I have
no experience with these tags yet but might be worth a try.

Silvaggi NR, Martin LJ, Schwalbe H, Imperiali B, Allen KN.
Double-lanthanide-binding tags for macromolecular crystallographic structure
determination.
J Am Chem Soc. 2007 Jun 6;129(22):7114-20. Epub 2007 May 12.

Hope that helps.
Raji

---------Included Message----------

---------End of Included Message----------