FRAGILE  REPLACEMENTS
Poems by William Allegrezza
ISBN-10: 0-9794119-0-4
ISBN-13: 978-0-9794119-0-8
Release date: Summer 2007
Distributors:  Small Press Distribution, Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/> &
www.MeritagePress.com <http://www.meritagepress.com/>
For more  info: [log in to unmask]

Meritage Press is delighted to announce the  release of FRAGILE
REPLACEMENTS,
William Allegrezza's long-awaited poetry  collection. FRAGILE REPLACEMENTS
explores the way we live through  language, experiencing births, deaths, and
rebirths through it, but the book  also examines how our language is filled,
controlled, and crafted by our  societies.  Two long    poems surround and
provide
context  for reading shorter lyrics in the middle section.

ABOUT THE  AUTHOR:
William Allegrezza teaches and writes from his base in Chicago.  His poems,
articles and reviews have been published in several countries  including the
U.S., Holland, the Czech Republic and Australia, as well as in  several
online
journals. His chapbooks, e-books and books include Lingo, The  Vicious Bunny
Translations, Covering Over, Temporal Nomads, Ladders in July,  Ishmael
Among
the Bushes, and In The Weaver's Valley.  He is the  editor of Moria Poetry
(moriapoetry.com), a journal dedicated to  experimental poetry and poetics,
and the
editor-in-chief of Cracked Slab Books  ( crackedslabbooks.com).

ADVANCE WORDS on FRAGILE  REPLACEMENTS:
Allegrezza's poetic canvas-of-choice is the lyric,  and his lyrical
investigations frequently appear to evolve or grow. . . from an  imagination
fueled by
found language fragments and theory-singed excesses. This  particular poet's
capacity to create resonant, "deep" images is  extraordinary.
--Clayton Couch

There is something about  the flow in Allegrezza's poems that I quite like,
the way they simply move one  step at a time down the page almost
intuitively.
Really, it's the leaps between  lines that impress; almost ghazal-like down
the page, jumping from line to line  to line in seeming disconnect.
--rob  mclennan

*************************

SPECIAL RELEASE  OFFER:
Meritage Press is pleased to offer a Release Special through  August 31,
2007.  For $13.00, you can obtain a copy of FRAGILE  REPLACEMENTS—a reduced
rate
from the book's retail price of $16.00—plus free  shipping/handling (an
approximate $4.00 value) to U.S. addresses. Just send a  $13.00 check made
out to
"Meritage Press" to:

Eileen Tabios
Meritage  Press
256 North Fork Crystal Springs Road
St. Helena, CA 94574

For  international orders, please contact us through  [log in to unmask]

ALSO  FORTHCOMING IN 2007 FROM MERITAGE PRESS:

COMPLICATIONS by  Garrett Caples

PRAU by Jean Vengua (Filamore Tabios, Sr. Poetry  Memorial Prize)

And a new series of "Tiny Books" measuring 1 3/4 x 1 3/4"  inaugurated by
ALL
ALONE AGAIN by  Dan Waber, followed by STEPS: A NOTEBOOK  by Tom Beckett.

Meritage Press is  a multidisciplinary literary and  arts published based in
St. Helena and San Francisco, CA.  Our website is  at
_http://www.meritagepress.com_ (http://www.meritagepress.com/)