Andy,

     We have been using Windows Authentication now for the last academic year. Internally it has worked great allowing true single-sign on to Blackboard. It is however tied completely to the users Windows account, with only one Blackboard login per domain account, so you may have problems if some users have multiple Blackboard logins. I had thought this would be a problem but hasn’t caused us any issues at all.

You can get round this by adding an additional Blackboard front-end web-server to your setup.  This additional front-end server can be set up to use the stand-alone Blackboard login. We have this setup and it has been also very useful for allowing visitors and guests to access Blackboard without having to have a domain account. We are however quite lucky to have multiple servers available for our Blackboard setup.

Marty