Just a quick follow-up and a question.  Excel 2004 on the Macintosh has the same bug for this data set as Excel 2003.  The question:  do Excel 2003 (Windows) and Excel 2004 (Mac) have the same routines under the hood so to speak--e.g., is it guaranteed that LINEST and other stats routines will give exactly the same results?

Frank
Hi,

The attached file shows that Excel 2007 doesn't suffer from the bug for this particular data set.

Notice also that the xz coefficient is not zero and it does change as you move from 10 to 11 digits.

Humberto