-----Original Message-----
From: Archivists, conservators and records managers.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Justin
Cavernelis-Frost
Sent: 13 June 2007 14:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MLA Council - new Marketing & Communications Manager for
Archives

Viola Lewis is the new MLA Council Marketing & Communications Manager
for Archives

Dear List,

MLA Council is pleased to announce some changes in our Communications &
Marketing team that will enable us to give a more focussed and effective
service to you, our key stakeholders for archives.

Lynda Scott joins us from the Office for Criminal Justice Reform, as our
new Director of Marketing & Communications. We have also taken the
opportunity to create a dedicated post for Marketing & Communications
for Archives.

Viola Lewis takes up this post with immediate effect, and she will be
working closely with Emma Stagg (Action for Archives Manager) and Justin
Cavernelis-Frost (Head of Archive Policy), together with lead officers
for archives in the MLA Partnership Regional Agencies.
Viola has wide experience of marketing and communications work, and was
previously Communications and Events Officer at MLA Council.
She will be focussing her work on raising the profile of archives and
ensuring that information about MLA's Action for Archives Programme are
effectively communicated across the sector. She will manage the
marketing activity in support of the MLA's marketing strategy for
archives.

Look out for a feature on learning and our sector which will appear as a
Guardian supplement on 26th June and our column which will be appearing
regularly in the Society of Archivists ARC magazine. Viola is also
putting together an MLA Partnership sponsored event at the Society of
Archivists conference in Belfast in late August.

Justin Cavernelis-Frost
Head of Archive Policy
Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA)
Victoria House
Southampton Row
London
WC1B 4EA
Tel: (020) 7273 1477
Email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.mla.gov.uk

Unless stated otherwise the information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments is confidential. If you have received it in error, you are
on notice of its status. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the
email and any attachments from your system.

The Museums, Libraries and Archives Council is a Company Limited by
Guarantee, Registered in England, with Company Number 03888251. The
Registered Office being : Museums, Libraries and Archives Council, (MLA)
Victoria House, Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4EA. Registered Charity
number : 1079666.