(Sorry again.  I *will* learn to send it to the list first time...)

I understand and appreciate that, but surely, if it is the actions of the Turkish government you wish to challenge, it should be their sites that you do not work on and their academics that you do not work with, not the sites in and the academics of their occupied community.  When you said you would choose not to work in Israel, I presume you meant in Israel, rather than in Israel and the Occupied Territories (as you would not wish to punish the Palestinians for being an occupied community).  Would it not make sense, then, to refuse to work in Turkey on the sites and with the academics of the Occupying Power, rather than to refuse to work in northern Cyprus on the sites and with the academics of the Occupied Community?

If I remember correctly, the UN regulations allow only rescue and other "emergency" archaeology in occupied territories, although for a variety of reasons, some archaeologists are now advocating reform (so that active work may be done, rather than only development-led and, so frequently, development-limited work.

Of course, the question of a boycott of archaeology in Turkey would raise the question of whether Turkey were a democracy that it would be just to pressure through boycott...