Larry, Mike et al....

Would all of you say that all the Charities in the UK are providing public
benefit towards disabled people, under Nothing About Us Without Us, UN
Disabilty Convention and Prime Minister's Improving Life Chances report:-
Read below:-

Providing public benefit:-

The Act underlines the requirement that all charities must exist for the
public benefit, and the Commission has a new objective to promote
understanding and awareness of this public benefit requirement.

Our first step will be to hold a consultation with the sector and the wider
public and then provide general guidance on what the requirement means. One
size won’t fit all, and public benefit will look different for different
groups of charities. We’ll then start to talk to specific groups of
charities about how they demonstrate public benefit in their work.

Our Indicative programme: taking forward public benefit (PDF - 11KB) gives
an outline of our programme.
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/library/spr/pdfs/timetable.pdf

Charities Act 2006
- a guide to the main provisions which affect charities
(Version November 2006)
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/spr/ca2006prov.asp

The Charities Act 2006
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/spr/charbillprog1.asp

I would be very interested to hear all your responses on this matter.

Yours

Colin Revell

Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/

All emails are checked before they are sent on to the list. Please see the original "Welcome to the DAN Mailing list message" for further information. DAN mail list archives from 1 May 1999 are available at the Yahoo Group web site here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danmail/messages . Free our people.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: