Hi Sally

Interesting question and interesting responses coming through.

I think the waters are muddied when we have things called 'taught Masters
programmes' and some of the courses are actually undergraduate courses but
the p/g students get slotted in.

Given that the assessment in such instances is not different between the u/g
and p/g students we would have to ask your question - but not be able to
answer it satisfactorily.

In a past life long long ago I was a scientist and we had Masters students,
the Masters was a Research Masters.

I think Bland hits on something interesting re returners or mature students.

I am wondering whether there are disciplinary differences here? Or when I
think of the Scottish Qualification Framework - maybe this business of how
many points make up a degree, masters etc etc, maybe actual differences got
rather smoothed out.

No great answer for you there sally but maybe when we met up at QUB in
September we can have a chinwag on this!!

Very best wishes all

Lorraine