Dear zooarchers,

I’m afraid of getting branded as the “lady with the weird deposits”…
However, I can use some help. After the Roman ritual shaft from Springhead
filled with lots of dogs, I am now working on a Late Bronze Age burial pit
from Ramsgate (UK). I have not yet looked at all the material, but the pit
contains at least one incomplete horse, a cattle cranium, mandibula and
attached atlas and epistropheus as well as a complete lower front leg of
cattle. Furthermore, the pit contains several (in)complete skeletons of
unborn lamb. To make it all even more interesting, the pit is filled with
human burials as well. Some are clearly buried with care, others merely
thrown in (the full analysis has not begun yet). I have a feeling that this
deposit is quite unique; but please proof me wrong!

For the moment I am after Late Bronze Age horse burials only. In this
respect the publication by Hanns Hermann Müller (1993) “Horse skeletons of
the Bronze Age in central Europe” is very helpful. However, as it was
written back in 1993, new discoveries might be out there that I don’t know
of. So can I please ask anyone working on or knowing of a Late Bronze Age
horse burial in North-western Europe to kindly share this information with
me?

Thanks very much in advance! Jessica Grimm

P.S. The analysis of the Springhead bones is finished. When the site is
officially published, I will let you all know.