Hi Peter,

Would you mind elaborating on 'it will destroy the bones eventually'? I used
Biozet to break down fish a couple of years back. How long might the bones
be expected to last?

Cheers,

Diana.

>From: "Peter G.Burns" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] processing specimens
>Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:34:14 -0400
>
>    Fiona,if you are talking about "enzyme"washing powder,my advice would
>be
>    to not use as it will destroy the bones eventually.You might try
>Neutrase
>    a food production enzyme made in Denmark and you will have to
>neutralize
>    the enzyme with a strong detergent after processing.This will also
>degrease
>    your specimens as well.
>
>    Cheers
>

>Peter Burns
>Zooarchaeology Laboratory
>Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
>Harvard University
>11 Divinity Avenue
>Cambridge,MA 02138
>USA
>
>Phone: 617-495-8317

Advertisement: Missy Higgins new album On A Clear Night – stream full tracks
now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=781&referral=hotmailtaglineMay&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/playlist.aspx?sectionid=2465&sectionname=artistfeature&subsectionid=9150&subsectionname=missyhiggins&categoryid=2577