-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Thackray [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 May 2007 16:02
To: project-eu-egee-middleware-emt (EGEE Middleware Engineering
Management Team); support-eis (LCG/EIS support list);
project-egee-roc-managers (EGEE ROC managers and alternates)
Cc: Maite Barroso Lopez
Subject: Changes to middleware release process timelines

Hi all

We are implementing a change the middleware release process timelines.
We will now move updates to the PPS and the production service once
every 2 weeks (rather than every week as is the case at the moment).

In brief:

*	Patches go to PPS on a Monday
*	Patches stay in PPS for 3.5 weeks
*	Patches not having problems go to production on the Wednesday of
the forth week (3.5 weeks after entering the PPS).

Of course, this doesn't exclude patches and new services being
fast-tracked through when they are urgent.

A slide showing the new release schedule can be found here:

http://egee-docs.web.cern.ch/egee-docs/pre_production_service/Processes/
Release%20process/PPS-release-schedule-v2.pdf

Let me know if you have any serious problems with this change.

Best regards,

          Nick