Dear SPMers,

We've been trying to undrestand to what extent the resolution of the prior
probability maps affects the outcome of the segmentation. We performed 2
segmentations on the same brain using the VBM5 toolbox (by Christian
Gaser) and a pediatric prior probability maps (courtesy of Cincinnati
Children's Hospital Medical Center) at 1x1x1mm resolution, then with the
same prior maps at 2x2x2mm (created out of the first one using
spm_reslice). We got rather significant differences in the segmentation
results, a sample of those results is attached to this post. What we don't
understand is the following :
Since the prior maps are very smooth, how can changing the resolution of
the prior maps influence that much? We couldn't even tell the difference
between the 2 prior maps. Any explaination?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Pierre

Case Western Reserve University,
Case Center for Imaging Research,