Bin,

The Pareto 80/20 rule is nice, but isn't it really just a rule of thumb?

On the second point - your student's work comparing axial named street and
'stroke' sounds interesting. Is it available to be seen anywhere?

On the principle of 'well defined' I have a question. How might your
definitions be applied to design of a new city?

Alan