On 31/05/07, Alan Penn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On the principle of 'well defined' I have a question. How might your
> definitions be applied to design of a new city?

It cannot. Polemic or not, the only line of research that can be
applied to new design is space syntax, based on large number of
empirical tests research on existing designs. However, apparently
people prefer to try to reinvent the wheel, literally ignoring the
existence of axial maps, instead of starting from it as I have done.

It is unbelievable ...

Alan, do you have a theory for why does it happens?

Best Regards,

Lucas Figueiredo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucasfigueiredo/

Mindwalk