Part-time teachers network

Part-time teachers one day conference (12 June 2007)

The aim of this one day conference is to consider how part-time teachers
in HE may be better supported and developed. There is a wide diversity
of part-time tutors and associate lecturers who may also be postgraduate
students or external professionals contributing to teaching.   The
Academy has established the UK-wide Part-Time Teachers Network Planning
Group in order to improve provision of support. The conference will
report on the work of this group including disseminating evidence
gathered for the purpose of identifying good practice in institutions.

The conference is intended to actively involve delegates in discussions
on:

*        Issues for part-time teachers and catalysts for addressing
these issues

*        Effective approaches to support and development

*        Creating and sustaining a strategic infrastructure for support
at institutional level

The conference is aimed at senior staff involved with educational and
academic development or with the management of part-time teaching staff.
The day will be facilitated by members of the Part-Time Teachers Network
Planning Group, part-time teachers themselves and colleagues in
universities where good practice has already been implemented.

The conference will be held at:

London Metropolitan University

166-220 Holloway Road

London

N7 8DB

Registration is at 10:30am and the conference will close at 4:00pm.
There is no fee for attending the conference but we are unable to refund
any travel expenses. Full details and a booking form can be found at:
http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/List_5556.htm

Dr Sean Walton
Project Officer

Tel +44 (0)1904 717500 ex 3255
Email [log in to unmask]

The Higher Education Academy
Innovation Way
York Science Park
Heslington
York
YO10 5BR
United Kingdom

www.heacademy.ac.uk <http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/>

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131