Visiting fellow, Centre for the Studies of Higher Education, Nagoya University, Japan

We want to invite a researcher who has articles on higher education, especially academic development (including future faculty development ) as well as graduate education to work as a Visiting Fellow at our centre in Nagoya University for 3 to 6 months.

Duties

The main duties which we want visiting fellow to implement are as follows:

1. To do joint research with staff of CSHE on higher education, especially organization of faculty development, Graduate education (including future faculty development ).We hope that we write a article for journals in UK or European countries.

2. To write a article for the journal published by CSHE (during his/ her stay at CSHE)

3. To offer some lectures (a official seminar to teaching staff from Nagoya University and some small seminars to staff of CSHE)

4. To offer some advices to staff of CSHE about their research projects and so on.

5. To correct English written by staff of CSHE for some journals and webpages.

The working conditions are as follows;

1. It is necessary to stay at CSHE for more than three months and less than six months.

   As we have two visiting fellows, we must arrange the period of stay with the other.

2. Salary costs depends on his/her career and age. For a researcher aged 40 years old, the salary is about 500,000 Yen.(1 Us dollar is 117 Yen) For a person more than 40, it the salary is higher.

3. Nagoya University offer an apartment in the campus. Room charge depends on the type of apartment. It cost about from about 30,000 to 70,000 Yen.

To express interest or apply for the position, please contact:

Professor Tatsuya Natsume

Center for the studies of Higher Education.

Nagoya University

Furocho, Chikusa, Nagoya-464-8601

Japan FAX: 00.81.52.789.5693

email:  [log in to unmask]