Hi All,

Apologies for the mass mailing.

My sister is undertaking an MA in Museums and Galleries. As a course requirement, she and a group of fellow students have designed an exhibition “A case for stories”, which is on this weekend (5th -6th). Details can be found in the attached flyer. The exhibits will be people’s stories about their personal objects, and will be accompanied by photos and drawings.

For the exhibition to be a success, lots of people need to get involved. You can do this in two ways.

1). You can send digital photos and accompanying stories to [log in to unmask] so they have a wide range of exhibits.

2). GO!! There is a car park near Alresford Community Centre, refreshments are available, and entry is free. See the link below for location.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=-1.16120&GridN=51.09070&lon=-1.16120&lat=51.09070&search_result=New%20Alresford%2C%20Hampshire&db=freegaz&keepicon=true&lang=&place=New%20Alresford%2C%20Hampshire&pc=&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=New%20Alresford&addr3=&scale=100000&addr1=

If you would like to be part of this exciting and interactive exhibition, or want more information, please email the team.

Feel free to forward this email to anyone who might be interested.

All good wishes,

Karen

PS her original invitation follows:

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well!  Sorry for the mass email!  You'll be pleased to know that it's not a forward!

This is an invitation for you to come to 'A Case for Stories' at Alresford Community Centre (FREE ENTRY).

This is an exhibition that has been solely created and produced by a group of students (including me!!!) on the MA Museums and Galleries course (University of Southampton).  It is the first exhibition that I've been involved in creating and doing, and it needs people to participate for it to be a success!  Our aim is to create a beautiful exhibition space where visitors can choose and share the objects that are important to them.  We want to celebrate the importance and wealth of 'ordinary' objects, rather than the traditional items found in museums.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE:
We are asking you (our visitors) to answer one or all of the questions below and to bring a photo or a drawing of your chosen object/s (drawings can be done at the exhibition itself).  We would also like you to tell us about the objects you've chosen and the memories and stories that are attached to them.  We will then display your objects (through your drawings or photos) and their stories.

1. Have you got a favourite object?
2. Can you tell us about one you’ve lost?
3. What about a gift you’ve given or received?
4. Does your family own a special object?
5. Is there something you wish you had?
6. Is there something you can’t bear to throw away?

If you don't want to contribute, please come and enjoy the experience!  If you can't make it, please think about contributing by sending photos or drawings with your stories to me or the exhibition team: [log in to unmask]&msg=0E656109-A8F2-4DD2-85D9-F0C02B0BF7CF&start=0&len=1715834&src=&type=x">
MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "by128fd.bay128.hotmail.msn.com" claiming to be [log in to unmask]
It doesn't take long and everyone who has contributed so far (including myself) have found thinking about our objects and memories of them really enjoyable.

Please find the exhibition poster attached and the details of the exhibition, including FREE ENTRY and directions, below.

Thanks for reading thus far! Lol! I look forward to hearing from any of you (including any questions)! :0)

Han*

Karen Burnell

PhD Research Student

School of Psychology