Job advert: Communications Assistant
Apologies for cross-posting

Progress Educational Trust
(http://www.progress.org.uk / http://www.BioNews.org.uk)

Progress Educational Trust is a UK charity (no. 1011897) based in central London. Our fundamental objective is to help create an environment in which ethically sound research and practices in genetic services and assisted reproduction will thrive. We seek to achieve this by promoting education and debate in assisted reproduction and human genetics. We seek a
Communications Assistant

The job
This is a full-time position assisting the Director with such matters as -
-Organising events to debate issues relating to assisted reproduction and genetics
-Writing and editing
-Media and government relations
-Administration

The person
We are looking for someone who is well-organised, self-motivated and has excellent written and oral communications skills. Working as part of a small team in our London office, you should be an all-rounder with office experience and IT skills. Experience of events organising and some knowledge of issues in assisted reproduction and genetics would be an advantage for this job. A qualification in medical ethics or science communication would also be advantageous. The post will provide a great starting point for a career in science communication or science policy.

Salary
£21,000 - £23,000 depending on experience (full-time)

Closing date
5pm, 5 June 2007
For a person specification and details of how to apply, please contact:

Khadija Ibrahim
Email: [log in to unmask]
Progress Educational Trust
140 Gray's Inn Road
London WC1X 8AX
Tel: 020 7278 7870

--
********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message: set psci-com nomail 2. To resume email from the list, send the following message: set psci-com mail 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message: leave psci-com 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk **********************************************************************