Dear Lyndsey,

I have the following lecture/demonstration aimed at older audiences (KS3
up) that you may find useful, according with your description. It needs
some updating and modification for younger audiences. A lovely challenge,
I think. I plan to talk about this at the next ASE conference in January.

THE ULTIMATE TIME LINE: OUR PLACE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE

What is the Universe? Has it always been the same? Where does everything
come from? Since when? Is there a creator? Why does the Universe exist? Is
there an eternity? Profound, meaningful questions, some of them perhaps
with no answer at all. This talk deals with the imaginative way in which
the human mind has faced the deep mysteries of existence. From primitive
myths and religious beliefs to the discoveries of modern science, we will
follow the amazing evolution of the Universe and of life within it. A
development along a colossal time line where humankind finds its humble
place and from whick it is able to explore and discover.

Please feel free to reply off the list.

regards,

francisco

--

       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                                                                  *
                                                                          *
         Dr Francisco Diego, FRAS
         Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
         University of London Observatory                                  *
         553 Watford Way
         London, NW7 2QS, UK
         Vice President of the Association                    * * *
         for Astronomy Education (AAE)
                                                              *
         e-mail: [log in to unmask]                           *
                                                     *
              (international)   |     (UK)
         Tel: 44-20-8238-8872   | 020-8238-8872
         Fax: 44-20-8906-4161   | 020-8906-4161                 *
         Mobile:+44-7974-917878 | 07974-917878