Hi All:

Mark Weiss' Junction Press - as some of you already know - has just released
Walking Theory, my new book of poems. Many of the pieces that appear in the
title poem first appeared as "Snaps", poetryetc's weekly Wednesday
'episode.' I appreciated the input/feedback from many of you here during the
process for which I remain grateful, as well as to Mark's fine -  with now
legendary skills -  as the book's editor. (The guy does put an ear on the
pulse of each line and is very good at pointing out  'the clunkers.')

Wherever you be about the globe, Junction now has a website to enable online
ordering. (Just follow the alphabetical list of authors down to my name).

Walking Theory  (84 pages, $12)
www.junctionpress.com
Contact me <[log in to unmask]> if you want a signed copy!

I cannot help but throw in a couple of nice blurbs from the backcover:

At long last is Walking Theory, Stephen Vincentıs observant, large-hearted
poems bundled into book form, engaging architecture, people on the move, the
seasons and other transience, the talk that binds the day: Goodbye,
rhetoric, ³the desperate,/what can the poem do, walking, step-by-step:/
witness, suffer, hope.² Urbane and companionable, rare virtues flaunted
here, curbside delight.  Bill Berkson

Stephen Vincent's work here preserves and enhances the ancient association
of the foot as measure of the poetic line. In Walking Theory measure becomes
metaphor:  ³...foot ever to the ground, image by image, /thought by thought,
word by word...² This is the measure of the continuity of a poetıs life as
he moves through the days, from the grief-stricken rhythms of the opening
section of elegies to the more expansive tours of the San Francisco
neighborhoods where he lives and works.  Vincent celebrates the beauty of
these familiar landscapes, as well as strange, unexpected and sometimes
mundane details. In a wonderful pun that arises in the midst of the naming
of spring flowers, ³the dotted eye² suggests the I of linguistic convention
as the seeing, moving bodyıs eye transformed by language. Finally, in this
serious play of words, the poets asks: ³what can the poem do, walking,
step-by step:² and credo-like responds: ³witness, suffer, hope.²    Beverly
Dahlen

Thanks for your interest,

Stephen Vincent