Not to mitigate the sincerity of the quote here, Hal, but the 'alchemy du
verbe' does not seem to be a lot different than most serious love
relationships  - you know where two people are walking beside or in front
and back of each other and something in the air radiates any number of 'the
nuances' or tensions (from amorous to contrariness), along with an implied
evidence that a 'great deal of effort' has already gone into producing this
enduring (at least one hopes these days) combination of partners?

Stephen V
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/