you mentioned just now that pigeons have been on your mind with so
many of them about, & it's funny, but that's the feeling I got from
this. there's almost no imagery & few metaphors prior to it, but with
all the talk of still being half in a dream,of words, of the brain,
the pigeon seems too random to be random. :)

KS