Yes 19th century Dover Beach just been there -Pegwell bay today it would
need bits of plastic floating in it fo authenticity
Patrick Pat Pataphor
-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Stephen Vincent
Sent: 29 May 2007 20:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: poem, in moonlight, impossible to read

I like the elusiveness of the alphabet here - the image borders on 19th
century, Dover Beach, shipwrecks - yet I find your use of letters lifts the
work out of a cliché of pathos.

Stephen V
Walking Theory is my new book from Junction Press.
For more, including ordering information, go to:
www.junctionpress.com

At long last is Walking Theory, Stephen Vincent¹s observant, large-hearted
poems bundled into book form, engaging architecture, people on the move, the
seasons and other transience, the talk that binds the day:

Goodbye, rhetoric, the desperate,
what can the poem do
walking, step-by-step:
witness, suffer, hope.

Urbane and companionable, rare virtues flaunted here, curbside delight.

                  Bill Berkson

> such a shore line, sure line, Peter.  I found the 'ocean' as intriguing
> as the hidden light....
>
> Doug
> On 28-May-07, at 11:06 PM, Peter Ciccariello wrote:
>
>> poem, in moonlight, impossible to
>> read<http://www.cgi7.com/peterimages/poem,-in-moonlight.jpg>
>>

>> -- Peter Ciccariello
>> http://invisiblenotes.blogspot.com/
>>

> Douglas Barbour
> 11655 - 72 Avenue NW
> Edmonton  Ab  T6G 0B9
> (780) 436 3320
> http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
>
> Latest book: Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
> http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
>

> Of palaeopresence. The extra
> space around what is.
>
> Dennis Lee