Aussie, Canadian and Finn ears welcome. Listen to i-outlaw
<http://i-outlaw.blogspot.com/> also featuring fine poetry by:

- Ren Powell
- Luis H. Valadez
- Amy Bernier
- K. Silem Mohammad
- Amber Nelson
- Steven Schroeder
- Emmy Pérez
- Erik Rzepka
- Tim Martin
- Shanna Compton

"One of the pleasures of poetry is inhabiting that world-creating space. Iım
not saying there is no real world (but when is the last time you heard
anything real?) or that the world is simply a product of our language
(please pass the margarine) but rather that the world is colored by our
words, shaped by our grammar, valued by our metaphors. But poetry is not an
illustration of philosophy and while such ideas as these are relevant (who
are you calling an idea?), whatıs necessary about poems is the way they make
their own logic, quite different than the logic of philosophical ideas about
imitation or representation."

I have a poem in "My Way: Speeches and Poems" that touches on this:
DONıT BE SO SURE
(DONıT BE SAUSSURE)

My cup is my cap
& my cap is my cup
When the coffee is hot
It ruins my hat
We clap and we slap
Have sup with our pap
But wonıt someone please
Get me a drink

- Charles Bernstein
from a 1999 interview with Bradford Senning.

Spread the word far and wide. Don't forget to enter our contest to win a
free book of poetry! Listen to i-outlaw now and find out how...

--
Bob Marcacci
<http://marcacci.blogspot.com/>

Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.
 - Michel de Montaigne