Indeed - I have remarked before here, I think, that scholars of Chinese
have preferred Brecht's (poetically superb) translations from the
Chinese to more learned efforts, in particular the translations of
Giles, from the literal  (but possibly faulty) German translations of
which Brecht actually worked in producing his versions, since he was
totally ignorant of Chinese & poor at English..."Blindfolded" is a good
metaphor, invoking for me the topos of "blindness & insight". - I love
Rexroth too.
mj

--
The description of the status of knowledge to which we aspire determines the means of knowledge which we shall use...Therefore to us the name of That is the Silence and the Peace. - Sri Aurobindo