Ah Andrew but that same moon shines on you both -wave at it
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of andrew burke
Sent: 03 May 2007 12:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: back on deck

Hi all ... I'm back from Xi'an now, having drummed in Drum Towers,
belled in Bell Towers, walked city walls and climbed Taibai Mountain
(in the footsteps of Du Fu and Li Bai) ... so a notebook poem for a
'snap'. A bit of background: it is a story that Li Bai (aka Li Po) was
a little pissed and weary on the mountain and threw his brush and
inkstone away, thereby colouring the mountain black in places. That
was many moons ago, but today under this month's full moon, my beloved
is on an Aboriginal station on the Gibb River in The Kimberley area of
Western Australia - a thoroughly red dirt part of the world. Now, read
on ... and all comments welcome.

I saw a shining moon last night
through leafy poplars and pines
on Taibai Mountain