Schwitters occurred to me, Patrick, though I had a feeling that it might be
someone like Tristan Tzara. I remember Melly telling the story on Parkinson
years ago.

I saw him with John Chilton's Feetwarmers back in the mid 1970s and he
wasn't in the first flush of youth then, so if he is in the waiting room
now, he's had a good time (no doubt in every sense he could manage)!