Dear Glenn

If they do not undertake EPP'S what are the risks ... Surely the most appropriate way to evidence the need is through a robust risk assessment. I would also suggest that the check on titre levels post vaccination is an important part of the vaccination process.

Sandra

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Glenn Raybone
Sent: 02 May 2007 15:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Blood Test refusal

Hello

can I ask views on the following please?

I've been to see some staff and have advised that they consider being vaccinated against Hepatitis B. Most have agreed. None undertake EPP but there is some potential risk of exposure.

However, a number have said that whilst they would have the course of vaccination they would not be prepared to have a blood test to confirm immunity. This is despite some having various tattoos and piercings!

My question is if we are unable to confirm immunity then is there any point vaccinating? In the event of an injury we would ask for a serum sample (which they have clearly said they would refuse) and so given their views are we within our rights to decline vaccination?

I'd welcome your thoughts

Regards

Glenn

ARCHIVES

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING COURSES
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6232/aohne/

Upgrade your email with thousands of emoticons for free

ARCHIVES http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH