From: mining-history [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick
Nelson
Sent: 16 May 2007 09:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bronfloyd Mine, Ceredigion

I expect you've looked at old OS maps of the area. I've taken
a look at the area (using 'historic digimap') and there's
quite a lot of information on the 1:10560 scale map published 1889-91 (but
almost certainly based on somewhat earlier survey). The quality of the
histric digimap scans is rather bad, but associated with the mine there
appear to be references to 'levels'(1), 'old levels'(2),
'old shaft'(1), 'trial shafts'(3), 'pumping rods'(2) and 'tramway' (1).

If it's any use I could probably work out the grid references for all these.

Nick