From: Diana Wright <[log in to unmask]>

> I was offered a chance to rewrite the review, which meant removing all
criticism of the press.

> >> I have just had a review rejected by H-Catholic of Claude Reignier
Condor (sic) _The Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem_.   This is a Keegan Paul
reprint of an 1897 publication which misspells the author's name on the
cover.

> >> H-Net reviews are apparently meant to please the publishers.

Keegan Paul, a vererable scholarly British publisher since the end of the 19th
c., must have been taken over by BrainWorm-Invested Bean-Counters a few years
ago.

i (as a dealer) got a catalogue from them and was amazed --and amused-- by the
stuff in their list, all of it outrageously priced, new writings for $200-300,
reprints of older (frequently *much* older) works in the Public Domain
starting at $100.

Wallace Budge @ $125 a pop.

wow.

i was looking at my copies of the Dover reprints from the '60s on my shelves,
wondering how on earth i could Cash Out for 50% of their retail...

i didn't think to look for typos in the authors' names, however.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]