Esteemed Colleagues (especially those of you who study sermons),
As I've wandered through the Patrologia recently, I have become more and
more intrigued by the large number of homilies attributed to Radulfus
Ardens in vols. 155-156.  I note that there has been some work done
recently on Radulfus' scholastic work and that he has been identified as
a follower of Gilbert of Poitiers, living in the 12th C.  The older
literature, however, refers to him as a preacher and places him in the
11th C.  It would make me very happy to have some 11th-C. sermons to
work with, but I realize that a lot of the sermons dated to the 11th C.
in the PL are really 12th C. or later.  Can anyone clarify this
situation for me?  Do these sermons really pertain to Radulfus the
12th-C. scholastic?  Have they been associated with anyone else?  Have
they been dated?  Any help would be much appreciated.
Best, Megan

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]