The Division of Media and Communication in the School of Arts and Social Sciences at Northumbria University are looking for an experienced journalist to lead and develop our brand new single and joint honours Journalism programmes.

The Division of Media and Communication is a new Division within the School.  We are currently engaged in a process of expansion to both consolidate our very popular existing programmes in Film and TV Studies and Media Production and to enhance our provision with new programmes in Journalism and Advertising. We have an extensive framework of  new postgraduate programmes across the range of our interests in subjects such as New Media, Mass Communications and Scriptwriting and the opportunity to further develop this area of work.  We are committed to producing high quality research across a range of fields including modern European cinema, war and the media, popular music, animation and performance and the cultural impact of new media technologies.  We are keen to extend engagements with other aspects of research into the media particularly where these intersect with pedagogical approaches to the subject.

Further details of the vacancy can be found at:

http://northumbria.ac.uk/sd/central/hr/staffvacancies/ass0609

Mark Little
Head of Media and Communication