Charles

Hillingdon does have a link to Amazon

We did check the legality of this service with our legal people and we also got much useful information from Kensington & Chelsea who had already a link with Amazon. You may wish to check the K&C site for their disclaimer

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/Help/linking/amazon.asp

As I understand it, the Local Government Act 2000 allows you to provide services for profit provided that those services promote or improve the economic social or environmental well being of the area. It is OK If the money goes to extra services that are not normally provided by the normal revenue.

Cheers

Derrick

Derrick Fernandes

ICT & Information Services Development Manager
Planning and Community Services
Library services
Uxbrdge Central Library
High Street