Hello!

Does anyone out there use a till in their library? We're fed up with hand writing receipts and hoarding cash in an old tin box. I don't want to spend very much...but nor do I want to buy the cheapest I can find and then discover that it doesn't do the things we need it to.

I'm assuming I'll want it to issue a basic receipt, tell us what change is due from the amount tendered, and to note whether the money paid is for copying and printing, fines or book sales (which is where our incomes comes from). I'd also like it to tell me what the takings are at the end of the day.

Does this seem like a reasonable list of things to ask of a till? Is there anything I've missed that I should think about? Can you recommend a make of till? Are your finance department happy to work from till roll print outs? Oh - and how much does it cost to keep a till in ink and paper rolls?

Many thanks!

Sara

Sara Stock BA (Hons) DipLib MCLIP
Library Services Manager
Essex Rivers Healthcare NHS Trust
Colchester General Hospital
Turner Road
Colchester
Essex
CO4 5JL
T 01206 742146
E [log in to unmask]
W  <http://www.essexrivers.nhs.uk/> www.essexrivers.nhs.uk

A Helicon Accredited Library

It's your library! If you have comments, queries or suggestions then please contact us today!

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:  to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.  Thank you for your co-operation.