There's been some discussion of Second Life on MEDLIB-L, the medical
librarians' discussion list based in the USA.  From memory I think there
are libraries in the USA that are involved.

The list archives have recently moved and are now at
http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=MEDLIB-L - I think the archives are
searchable by all, not just list subscribers.

Best wishes,

Keith

Keith Nockels MA MCLIP
Information Librarian