University of Hertfordshire has a presence in Second Life with a
replica of our Learning Resources Centre. We have a Learning
Technology Development Unit that works within LIS and they are
actively looking at developing this further. As for a librarian
presence...myself and another colleague spent about half an hour the
other evening trying to work out how to walk in through the front
door whilst people appeared to be coming and going, were they our
students ? It is exciting stuff.
Monica

Monica Rivers-Latham
Faculty Information Consultant / Consultant for Research Support
Learning & Infomation Services
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane
Hatfield